Saturday, June 15, 2013

New Scale

I Bought a New Scale Today
(A Poem)

Didn't know how much I weighed
Cause I gave up on the scale
But I know I weighed more than I used to
You know your jeans can tell

I could feel it with every button
And with the rise of my muffin top
I could tell my weight had risen
And I knew it had to stop

So, folks, I bought as scale today
Much better than the rest
It gives my weight, my BMI,
and a couple other tests.

And though it doesn't matter
That number doesn't make
The value of my inside self
Or broadcast a mistake

But what is does it show me
The place that I am at
The progress that I've come to know
It lays out all the facts

So, yes, I bought a scale today
To measure what I weigh
But it will never measure
The woman (educated, happy, strong, beautiful, confident) I am today.

By P. Johnson

No comments:

Post a Comment