Friday, June 14, 2013

Patience

Psalm 37:7-9

New King James Version (NKJV)
Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him;
Do not fret because of him who prospers in his way,
Because of the man who brings wicked schemes to pass.
Cease from anger, and forsake wrath;
Do not fret—it only causes harm.
For evildoers shall be cut off;
But those who wait on the Lord,
They shall inherit the earth.
 
The Holy Bible, New King James Version Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson, Inc.
BibleGateway.com
 
 
God is good, friends. After 2 years of hoping and praying, I finally got the job of my dreams. :) Words can not express the level of my excitement. But if only you'd have seen me yesterday, jumping up and down for joy... screaming like a little girl. I couldn't stop smiling. And all I can say now is, God is good.
 
For anyone that doesn't know my story, in the summer of 2011, I uprooted my family for a chance to put my foot in the door at my dream teaching job. There was nothing permanent but God allowed me to continue to provide for my family. And let me tell you, that foot stayed wedged in the door. At times it was pulled so tight it cut off the circulation and my toes turned blue, but by the grace of God it stayed connected to my body and lead me to receive a phone call on Thursday that said, I'd gotten the job.
 
If God was working on my schedule, I'd have had the permanent job in 2011 when I touched down, but that wasn't my path. I have met so many amazing people and learned to much on the "scenic" route. I could not imagine having missed out on the wonderful experiences which I've had over the past 2 years. God knew what he was doing. He was empowering me for the long haul, providing me what support and confidence. Our God is an awesome God.

2 comments:

  1. I love you and miss you more than you will EVER know!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wondering who this is... wife/momof4... Thanks for the comment, whoever you are. :)

      Delete